Friday, February 8, 2008

Virtual Assistant Speaks to College Class

I was asked this week to come and speak at the college I graduated from this year. They are using a new textbook for their "Office Skills" module and it has a section on working at home.

Knowing I had my own business, one of my former instructors asked me to come and talk to the students about the pros and cons of working at home. It was a great opportunity and learning experience. It gave me a chance to practice talking about my virtual assistant business and it gave the students some new ideas about what to do when they graduate. (I also got a great travel mug as a gift for speaking.)

I encourage everyone to take every opportunity they have to talk about their business, to anyone who will listen. You never know - they may not need your services, but they may know someone who does.

I am learning this myself. To have a successful virtual assistant practice, I have to take every chance I get to tell everyone about the value of VAs.

1 comment:

Phone Customer Support said...

Hi,

Virtual assistants tend to be really cheap compared to hire someone yourself. It started to research on virtual organizations and it is fascinating the small businesses can use virtual services to be competitive and professional. Thanks a lot...